WELCOME TO NEGROS OCCIDENTAL POLICE PROVINCIAL OFFICE WEBSITE
NOPPO came into existence in Bacolod City in August 1945. It was made as Headquarters of the Provincial Military Command with COLONEL JOHN MADDEN, USA, as its Commanding Officer. It had an initial strength of three (3) officers and twenty one (21) enlisted personnel with attachment from other organization of one (1) officer and three (3) enlisted personnel obtained from activated Guerrilla Units, Replacement Battalion and Military Police Units. It has an area of two (2) hectares and was located between Capitol Subdivision, Bacolod City.
By virtue of Philippine TCT No. T-72403 issued on 29 May 1974 by the Register of Deeds of Bacolod City, the old Provincial Military Command was transferred to this five (5) hectare land at Sitio Camingawan, Bacolod City.
In August 1974, the headquarters building was constructed during the incumbency of then MAJOR GENERAL FIDEL V RAMOS AFP as the Chief of the Philippine Constabulary/Integrated National Police now the President of the Republic of the Philippines. BRIG GENERAL LUIS C AMOR, AFP was then the Zone Commander of the 3rd Philippine Constabulary Zone, and COLONEL MELITON D GOYENA (GSC) PC, was the Provincial Commander. Fund support from the Philippine Constabulary, the Provincial and Bacolod City Governments, and also from various civilians/private sectors in the
total amount of P1,677,751.90 completed the project. It was inaugurated for use on 24 April 1975 by HON JUAN PONCE ENRILE, then Secretary of National Defense, for the better use of the people of Negros Occidental.
To this date, the camp has housed the following buildings: Negros Occidental Police Provincial Office Administrative Building, The Chapel, Guard House, Medical and Dental Dispensary, Civil Security Force Command, Service Store, Multi-Purpose Cooperative Inc., Criminal Investigation Service, the 603/604 Traffic Management Team, Provincial Detention Center, PNCO Apartment, CSAF6 and Helipads, Duplex Quarters for PNP Officers, Provincial Director's Quarter, Firing Range of the Gun Club of Negros Occidental and the Provincial Guest House. A new PNP Multi-Purpose Center has been constructed during the incumbency of Police Superintendent Leopoldo N Bataoil, thru the Community Development Fund support of Congressman Romeo Guanzon.
This Camp was renamed Camp Alfredo M Montelibano Sr in the year 1991 after the late ALFREDO M MONTELIBANO, SR. who became the first Mayor of Bacolod City (1938-1941). He was a Governor of the Free Government of the Island of Negros and Siquijor (1941-1945), Secretary of National Defense (1945-1946), recipient of the AFP Legion of Honor, Rank Commander 1952 and founding President of Capitol Subdivision Inc. He donated this compound to the Philippine Constabulary for the Negros Occidental Provincial Command Headquarters.
Presently Negros Occidental Police Provincial Office is under the leadership of PSSUPT ALLAN C GUISIHAN, Provincial Director.
To Accomplish the task of law enforcement and maintenance of peace and order, NOPPO has organized one (1) Mobile Company with 6 Platoons, 12 Cities and 19 Municipalities Police Stations with an actual strength of 1,480 Personnel consisting of 79 PCO, 1,353 PNCOs and 48 NUP and the present police to population ratio is one (1) Policeman for every 1,651 inhabitants.
To attain this vision, NOPPO has conceptualized a program dubbed the ten (10) point agenda of the C,PNP.
In celebration of the Negros Occidental Environmental Week, the Negros Occidental Police Provincial Office headed by PSSUPT ALLAN C GUISIHAN joined the Tree Growing Activity of the Provincial Capitol and the Talisay City Government at Sitio Campuestohan, Brgy Cabatangan, Talisay City last June 20, 2012